Dear ASB Sukhumvit Campus Families,
It is our pleasure to extend a warm and heartfelt welcome to you to the new school year 2021-22 at the American School of Bangkok, Sukhumvit Campus. We hope that everyone had a wonderful summer break, and that you are now ready for the new school year.
Although we are starting virtually on Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021, we proudly begin this academic year with the mission to develop your child to his/her fullest academic and creative potential. Our teaching and support staff are ready to provide your child(ren) with a safe, caring learning environment, and will do their best to ensure that your child(ren) are comfortable, welcomed, respected, challenged appropriately, and most of all, loved in our school community.
The American School of Bangkok, Sukhumvit Campus is extremely excited to inform you of the following recent developments at our campus:
NEW ADMINISTRATORS TO THE ASB SUKHUMVIT CAMPUS LEADERSHIP TEAM
There have been a couple of changes in staffing and wonderful additions of new administrators to the ASB Sukhumvit Campus. We take this opportunity to update you with the names and roles of our new and returning administrators of the ASB Sukhumvit Campus Leadership Team:
- Mrs. Lakhana Didyasarin, Founder and Chairman, The American School of Bangkok
- Ms. Patcharalak (Lady) Didyasarin Tavedikul, Director
- Mr. Kevin Haggith, Head of School
- Mr. Robert (Bob) Albert Jackson, Advisor
- Dr. Jenny Sabin, Principal
- Mr. Dan Haley, Assistant Principal for Student and Parent Affairs
- Ms. Mary Elise Grassmuck, Assistant Principal for Academics
- Ms. Meca Fanega, Academic Guidance and College Counselor
- Ms. Veena Narula, Head of School Affairs and Communications
- Mr. James Hanham, Head of Athletics and Extracurricular Activities
- Mr. Patrick Maher, Head of Admissions
Other supporting staff to the ASB Sukhumvit Campus Leadership Team include:
- Ms. Kitiyarat Siwatbhaworabhak, Principal’s Secretary
- Ms. Butsakorn Bunditdumrongkool, School Registrar
- Ms. Kwanchanok Chailert, Finance Manager
- Ms. Naruemon Wannasing, Operations Manager
- Ms. Pornpaka Muenkaew, Human Resources Officer (for office and support staff)
- Mr. Thanakorn Saengsuk, IT Manager
- Mr. Tim Martin, Business Coordinator
We are very confident with the expertise, experience, and passion for education of our Leadership Team and support staff members, and their plans for collaboration with our current faculty and staff to move the ASB Sukhumvit Campus forward to more success in years to come.
ASB SYNCHRONOUS VIRTUAL LEARNING PROGRAM
The ASB Sukhumvit Campus will start off the new academic year 2021-2022 for Grades 1 - 12 students on Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021 with the synchronous Virtual Learning (VL) format. ASB teachers will be available during regular school hours every day to provide online instruction and support to your child(ren). These virtual learning days will count for regular school days and attendance will be taken every day, starting from 7:35 a.m. (during homeroom time) and every period. So kindly ensure your students are up and ready, in their school uniforms, on the ASB ‘Virtual Learning Days’, to log in as per regular school hours. Online classes will be offered from 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. All Grades 1 - 12 students are asked to follow the daily schedule, attend classes and participate in activities, as if they were physically present on campus.
**Please note that we are planning to begin classes for our Early Years students on Monday, August 16th, 2021. A separate communication will be sent to our Early Years families shortly.
SPORTS COMPLEX CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
The construction of the ASB Sports Complex at the Sukhumvit Campus will be completed soon. The ASB Sports Complex will house a new basketball gym, a swimming pool, jogging tracks, tennis courts, PE offices and storage spaces, classrooms, and the Center Point. Our sports and athletics offers, and weekend programs will increase profoundly with the completion of this facility. We will be anxiously waiting for our students to come back on campus (as soon as it is permitted) to use this facility extensively.
The ASB-SK Campus is also pleased to announce that the school has been accepted as a full member league for the Asia International Schools Athletics Association (AISAA). This membership will provide league play for basketball, football and volleyball for a variety of age levels, and a number of guaranteed ranked league fixtures for these sports all culminating with a ranked tournament at the end. Our student athletes will continue to have increased opportunities in the participation of the above sports, as soon as this is permitted too.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Once we get the permission to open our school premises, the school will continue to follow stringent guidelines and protocols, and implement strict safety measures and procedures to curb the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Here’s the link to the new school safety video for your perusal: ASB COVID - 19 Safety Protocols
SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION
At ASB, we also believe that communication is the key to a successful educational experience. The ASB-SK campus will continue to communicate with parents through a variety of platforms including sending notices home through an online parent plus portal system and the school’s social media platforms.
The school encourages parents to take advantage of the following lines of communication to stay connected with the school.
- ASB Sukhumvit Campus Online Parent Portal system: https://plusportals.com/ASBSK
- ASB Sukhumvit Main Facebook Page (Public): https://www.facebook.com/ASBSukhumvit/
- ASB Admissions LINE ID: @asbsk
- ASB Sukhumvit Internal Facebook Group (for Community Announcements):
- ASB Instagram: asbsk_official
Thank you for your continued support for the school. Please reach out to any of our administrators for assistance or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you will have a great academic year!
The ASB Sukhumvit Campus Leadership Team